Understanding Psychic Violence
Violence, not merely physical violence. Many cases in particular cases of domestic violence (domestic violence), where the perpetrator has never carried out beatings and other physical violence, but as a result of the perpetrator’s actions, the victim suffered severe suffering.
Psychic violence is an act that results in fear, loss of confidence, loss of ability to act, feelings of helplessness, and / or severe psychological suffering in someone.
For example, the case experienced by mother A who felt that her husband always silenced her, and if she said words demeaned mother A. The husband did not want to say hello let alone touch him, until finally Mother A burned herself. A mother’s husband has never committed physical violence. But the husband’s actions always silence makes mother A not confident. Mother A also felt increasingly insulted by the humble words uttered by her husband. Mother A experienced psychic violence.
Psychic violence occurs in many diffables. Attitudes and behaviors distinguish (read: discriminatory) carried out by families and communities in many diffables we encounter. Cases such as prohibition of going out of the house, not being schooled, attitudes and statements that are mocking / demeaning, even inhaling, often occur.
Psychic violence is difficult to see, even victims may not realize that they are experiencing psychological violence. In general, it is called psychic violence if:
• There are statements made with swearing, anger, humiliation, negative labeling, or demeaning attitudes and body styles;
• These actions suppress, ridicule / insult, demean, limit or control the victim to meet the demands of the perpetrator;
• These actions cause fear, loss of confidence, loss of ability to act, and feelings of helplessness
The extent to which victims experience psychic violence can be proven through Visum et Psychiatric, that is information about a person’s psychological condition accompanied by possible causes. Visum et Psikiatrikum was issued by parties such as competent psychologists and institutions or institutions authorized to issue it.
Psychic violence can be:
• Actions of control, manipulation, exploitation, abuse, humiliation and humiliation in the form of prohibition, coercion and social isolation
• Acts or words that plan or insult, stalk, abuse and or threaten physical, sexual, economic violence;
Difabel is very vulnerable to psychic violence. Many cases of mild psychic violence such as words that are degrading, attitudes or behaviors that distinguish and do not respect, certain prohibitions such as not being able to leave the house, and so on. Continuing words of humiliation and contempt can cause victims to lose confidence, to experience severe psychological pressure.
Impact of psychic violence:
• Result in loss of confidence, loss of ability to act, sleep disturbances or eating disorders or drug dependence or sexual dysfunction, minor body function disorders, such as headaches, digestive disorders without medical indications.
• Severe psychological violence can result in loss of confidence, loss of ability to act, sleep disturbances or eating disorders or drug dependence or sexual dysfunction in severe and chronic conditions, and can result in severe body function disorders such as: sudden paralysis or blindness without medical